Poudre River Whitewater Park Project (PRWP)
The Poudre River Whitewater Park Project (PRWP) included the preliminary and final design of improvements along the Cache la Poudre River near downtown Fort Collins. The project is one of six discrete reaches that comprise a set of improvements identified in the Poudre River Downtown Master Plan. The primary goals of the project were to mitigate flood risk, improve public safety and recreational opportunities for river users, and restore the existing riparian ecosystem to promote river health and resiliency.
- Client/Owner: City of Fort Collins
- Project Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
- Approximate Project Cost: $8.5 Million
- Project Completion Date: October 2019
- Project Components:
- Hydraulic evaluation of Cache la Poudre River (both 1-D and 2-D)
- Hydrologic evaluation of adjacent watershed
- Storm sewer improvements (550-ft of 18-, 24-, and 36-inch)
- Water quality enhancements and preservation of existing wetlands
- Flood mitigation, recreational whitewater features, stream restoration
- Recreational trail connections and 183-foot long pedestrian bridge crossing
- Plaza space that includes overlook and art
- Permitting: CLOMR/LOMR, Individual 404, SHPO, CDOT Right-of-Way Access
- Environmental water quality sampling and monitoring during construction
- Construction services
Ready to start a project?
Talk to our team of experts to get started today.