Lower Laramie River Watershed Study
Located in southeastern Wyoming, the Lower Laramie River Watershed was studied in support of the planning efforts of the Platte County Resource District. Anderson Consulting Engineers was contracted by the Wyoming Water Development Commission to conduct an in-depth evaluation of the watershed and its water resources. The purpose of the study was to identify water supply needs and develop a watershed management plan that documented problem areas within the watershed and provided practical economic solutions with an emphasis placed on the evaluation of potential storage opportunities.
- Client/Owner: Platte County Resource District / Wyoming Water Development Office
- Project Location: Southeastern Wyoming
- Approximate Project Cost: $272,000
- Project Completion Date: June 2020
- Project Components:
- Facilitated consensus building among the conservation districts, landowners and the Wyoming Water Development Commission.
- Conducted an evaluation and description of the watershed (and associated watersheds) information.
- Augmented existing baseline geomorphic data by conducting a geomorphic investigation of the primary channels within the watershed and identify potential mitigation measures to improve impaired channel reaches.
- Conducted an irrigation system inventory and developed an enhancement/ rehabilitation plan for those ditches expressing an interest to participate.
- Conducted an evaluation of water storage needs and opportunities to augment water available for livestock and wildlife.
- Developed a watershed management plan which identifies problem areas within the watershed and proposes practical economic solutions.
- Identified permits easements and clearances necessary for plan implementation.
- Provided cost estimates for improvements.
- Developed a comprehensive GIS database of all created/collected project data and worked closely with the Wyoming Water Development staff to deliver the data in their new database format.
Ready to start a project?
Talk to our team of experts to get started today.